Drilling of the first deep IDDP hole will take place in the Krafla high-temperature hydrothermal system in NE-Iceland late next year. Drilling of the 2nd IDDP well and the 3d IDDP well are planned for 2009 and 2010 – within the at Hengill- and the Reykjanes high-temperature hydrothermal systems in SW-Iceland, to some extent depending on the result of the 1st IDDP well.
- DRILLING INTO THE UNKNOWN August 22, 2017
- The drilling of the Iceland Deep Drilling Project geothermal well at Reykjanes has been successfully completed. February 1, 2017
- Season Greetings – Well depth: 4.626 m. December 21, 2016
- RN-15/IDDP-2 now at 4.254 m deep November 27, 2016
- RN-15/IDDP-2 is now the deepest hole in Iceland October 28, 2016