IDDP-2 Kick-Off Meeting was held in Reykjavik 23. June, 2016. Drilling of IDDP-2 at Reykjanes is expected to begin early August. For closer details see SAGA REPORT No 10.
- The drilling of the Iceland Deep Drilling Project geothermal well at Reykjanes has been successfully completed. February 1, 2017
- Season Greetings – Well depth: 4.626 m. December 21, 2016
- RN-15/IDDP-2 now at 4.254 m deep November 27, 2016
- RN-15/IDDP-2 is now the deepest hole in Iceland October 28, 2016
- Casing and cementing of the IDDP-2 September 7, 2016