Drilling has progressed slowly but steady for the last few weeks. Since 3200 m depth we have been drilling without getting any return of circulation fluid or drill cuttings to the surface. Seven times we have attempted to drill for spot cores, providing us with valuable rock samples for detailed petrological and petro-physical research.
- The drilling of the Iceland Deep Drilling Project geothermal well at Reykjanes has been successfully completed. February 1, 2017
- Season Greetings – Well depth: 4.626 m. December 21, 2016
- RN-15/IDDP-2 now at 4.254 m deep November 27, 2016
- RN-15/IDDP-2 is now the deepest hole in Iceland October 28, 2016
- Casing and cementing of the IDDP-2 September 7, 2016